Thursday, July 21, 2011

The best skirt ever!

Sewing Project: Bias Skirt
bias skirt sewing project

I don't normally wear skirts for the simple reason that its difficult to find a version that's modest enough, looks good, is comfortable and doesn't cost me more than 50 bucks.
But this skirt is different, when the first time I tried it I was blown away by how good it looked for a simple half an hour skirt. I would do a tutorial but Corinnea from Corinnea's Chaos already wrote a great tutorial during crafterhours' skirt week (tons of great ideas here). I just followed it as is and in half an hour I had a brand new skirt. ( I didn't hem the skirt because it was cut on bias, so the fraying would e minimal). I have already washed it and I'm loving the little fuzz at the hem, instead of sharp and new looking denim hems.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very good.. White cotton shirt(for summer) on this will make u look good..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Hard for me to find good skirts toO!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)