Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Cutie!

Sewing Project: Sweetheart Shrug

I still remember the day when we met her for the first time - she was this fuzzy bundle with face of a porcelain doll...I swear, not a single wrinkle on her tiny face. How can you not fall in love?
 She is a girly girl, with a soft laughter and cutest of smiles.
She showers me with kisses sometimes and it always melts my heart.
Something tells me that I'm her favorite Aunt. (or she may just have a knack for making people feel special)
She is just months older than my munchkin and is already her role model. I always wish that they grow up to be best friends.

You would think it would be a snap to make something for her...sewing for girls...that's all I do. No such luck! You see her Mom has exquisite taste and anything less than super-cute would never see the light of the day. It better be the best.

I scoured pinterest for inspiration and here's what I finally come up with ( Based on this tutorial with some modifications). Will it pass the test? We'll know soon!


Happy birthday little one! Its a pleasure watching you grow. Love you lots.

8 comments:

  1. Cute one..Was this for Riya? Its beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful little shrug! How could anyone not like it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious shrug!! I love this idea and would love to make a grown up version for me! The color is just wonderful too!!

    Would you mind if I shared this with my readers with a link back to you?

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the mom of lucky girl who has such a caring, loving and talented aunt.Nothing can be better than this precious shrug. I just loved it.Thank you so much!! The best gift to someone you love:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely shrug and what a sweet aunt you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.. that's super cute. I am sure your niece and her mom both will love it. Happy Birthday to the Princess.

    I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see ya at the party :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!! Thanks so much for linking to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)