Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog Swapping with Truly Lovely

Guest Tutorial at Truly Lovely: Stiped Layered Skirt Hello lovelies!!
My name is Kassi and I blog over at Truly Lovely! 
It's an 'all things lovely' blog written by myself and my sister, Kayli!
To learn more about us and our blog, click the photo below. 

Kassi and Kayli
That's us! ;)
I am thrilled to be here blog swapping with the lovely Anshu today! 
She's over at my place sharing an amazing tutorial, if you wanna pop over and say hello there! ;)

In the meantime, I'm going to share a fun gift 'wrap' idea with you!!!
Painted Gift Tins!

My mom received a huge stash of those Christmas cookie, treat tins from a friend awhile back...
It was actually her idea to paint the tins and add some vinyl cut outs to fancy them up!
(Obviously where we get a lot of our craftiness from, thanks Mom!!!)

We laid them all out on some newspaper outside and spray painted each tin with a couple of coats. 
We used a few different colors and let them dry really well... 


Once the tins are painted and dry, it's time to embellish. 
I made this small light pink tin into a birthday gift 'wrap' for my niece.


I used white vinyl cut out in her name and some flowers plus little acrylic diamonds to pretty it up. 
If you use the sticky back vinyl you can stick the cutouts on just like stickers.
The little jewels were attached with hot glue. 


If you don't have sticky backed vinyl, you can just use regular stickers too! ;)
I filled the tin with several little treats tied it with a ribbon and gave it as it was to our niece. 
She loved having her own little tin she could fill with her treasures! 


We have since made several of these for different gifts... You can use any shape or size of tin and decorate with paint, vinyl, stickers, anything you have on hand to fancy it up!


Thanks for having me over today Anshu!
Hope you lovelies will stop by Truly Lovely sometime!!!
Happy Crafting!!!




Pin It

9 comments:

  1. THANKS so much for having me over Anshu! Hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I have some of those tins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! I cannot throw tins away, but until now I didn't really know what to use them for. I'd love for you to share this at my link party. (It runs Tues-Sat)
    Rachel
    http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't throw them away, for sure!!! haha. Thanks Rachel! ;)

      Delete
  4. this is great! I have seen this before with card stock and paint but I like the vinyl cutouts with additional "bling."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a great idea!! I don't know how many of those tins I've reluctantly thrown away over the years. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I love personalized containers, bins, totes, etc! Great job!
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Thanks for linking up to Manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are super cute!! love that shade of pink!

    Natasha xxxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)