Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fall Wardrobe Revamp 2012: Fixing the sweater

Here is another edition of Fall Wardrobe Revamp 2012. Here is my very simple and quick refashion of turning a odd sized sweater into a more wearable kind. Here are the previous editions of the series:
 A couple of years ago I bought a sweater from Marshalls. It was a super soft and cozy sweater with a beautiful pastel green color and a cowl neck which was very comfortable in cold weather. However, this sweater had some serious issues. See for yourself in the picture below
Here is a lovely picture of mine in the sweater. Strangely the fit was ok in the body, but look at those arms. Somebody must have switched the sleeves from "Tall women" section to petite I think. Also its not visible in the picture, but those armholes could fit the waist of a slender woman.

First step was to cut off the sleeves.


Then I kept the shape same but cut off about an inch from both the sleeves.

I shortened the width of the sleeve by about an inch by sewing a seam parallel to the existing seam. I also sew a seam on the body of the sweater by sewing a slanted seam starting a the armhole. This reduced the size of armhole.
Then I sew the sleeve to the armhole.
Repeated this for the other sleeve as well.

 Tried it on! Oh my hands! I can actually see them in this sweater. Pretty cool..huh
And we can also see my 'not pregnant anymore' belly as well...not cool...but oh so there. ( so wish there was a refashion for hiding that)


I just thought that having some big flowers  at the front will help somewhat...well...no such luck but I do like the flowers. I made them with pink wool and lazy-daisy stitch.



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for sharing!!
    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I don't have the patience for hand embroidery-- but I love to look at it! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I am amazed at your sewing skills!

    We've missed you at the Humble Brag and just wanted to let you know that we are starting a giveaway today for a SILHOUETTE CAMEO!! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/giveaway-and-humble-brag-link-party-9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jadwal Taruhan Sabung Ayam SV388 23 Februari 2019 - Sabtu, Manado 23 Februari 2019 – Pada Hari Tersebut Akan Di Laksanakan Berbagai Pertandingan Sabung Ayam Secara Live di Arena Sabung Ayam Thailand.

    Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online SV388 Merupakan Situs Judi Asal Thailand Yang Sangat Terkenal Dengan Permainan Sabung Ayam Yang Fair dan Menghibur Para Penonton Judi Sabung Ayam.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)