Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cherry Blossoms Home Decor DIY

 Remember the birthday party I couldn't stop talking about.Well, I still have a few things to show you from the party. I was inspired by this tablescape and wanted to create the same look for the birthday cake table. However, I had no intention of shelling out a lot of money for the decorations so we made almost all the decor ourselves. It was tedious but I loved how it all turned out.
Here is how I made the cherry blossom branches shown above:

Supplies:
  • Dry Twigs 
  • Cardboard box
  • Sandpaper
  • White Spray Paint
  • Pink felt
  • Needle and thread/ Glue
Time: 1 hour
Appoximate Cost: $5
Skill Level: Beginner
Construction:

Collect some dry twigs. Make sure they are really dry, or keep them in a sunny spot to dry for a few days.

Use a sandpaper to lightly sand their surface. We don't have to make their surface smooth and shiny. We just need to sand them so there is no peeling and chipping after we paint them.

Place the branches in a cardboard box to keep the paint from getting outside. Now spray them with the white spray paint. Wear gloves as you do it.You may need to turn them a bit to get them covered with paint. I also threw in some pinecones while I was doing it.
Let dry overnight.

Cut out some felt flowers and hand-sew or glue them to the branches.


Place in a pretty vase and enjoy.

Pin It

1 comment:

Leave some sugar :)